Commissioner of Oath
Commissioner of Oaths services are offered for Province of Ontario forms in regards to affidavits, oaths and statutory declarations as well as the certification of certain documents.
The Township of Strong does not have a Notary Public on Staff.
The Township of Strong will commission:
- Province of Ontario government printed forms- in regards to affidavits, oaths and statutory declarations.
- Vehicle transfers (Ontario forms only)
- Planning application forms
The Township of Strong will not commission:
- Travel documents
- Consent to travel letters
- Foreign pension documents
- Insurance claim forms
- Power of Attorney documents
- Divorce, Separation of Custody documents
- Wills, living wills or Codicils to Wills
- Theft, Real Estate, Financial or other Personal related documents
- Non-Ontario government documents
- Documents that require a Notary Public
Fees and Payments:
Fees are as per Tarriff of Fees By-Law, Payable by cash, cheque or debit.
While appointments are not necessary, we recommend you contact the Commissioner of Oaths in order to ensure a someone is available as well as to confirm that your document can be commissioned by the Township.
All parties must be present and provide valid original government issued photo identification (i.e. Driver's Licence).
All parties will be required to swear an oath of truth in front of the Commissioner of Oaths.
The Commissioner of Oaths reserves the right to refuse commissioning services for any document.
Planning Inquiries or Applications
We would reccommend that those who wish to inquire about zoning information or planning applications must make an appointment with the Clerk Administrator or Deputy Clerk, or send the request for information by email. Please be prepared to provide as much information about the property(s) in question, as well as any drawings or measurements.